Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A pink office: modern romance!




If you've been following Buttercup Bungalow for a while, no doubt you know that my tastes run towards the old fashioned, the classic and the pink. 

The very, very pink.



flickr


As I make my "blog rounds" and peruse (way too many) interiors magazines, I see a trend lately that intrigues me.  It's one I'm giving some serious thought to trying in my own home:  mixing some modern office furniture with the tried and the true. 

I first saw it in Domino a years back, and although it was seriously appealing, at the time I lacked the confidence to attempt it.

Campbell Designs LLC


In this workspace, the vaguely 60's shape of the chair and hot hue are balanced by the modest desk and muted blue/grays.  What might otherwise be a predictable, even dull little corner is enlivened by the contemporary lines of not only the chair, but the metal lamp and simple vase.

Sometimes less is more!


papaya blog


This chair has a softly retro/modern vibe, but is inviting enough to make a fine "office" for the canine or feline assistant.  The melon walls and lime pillow are an unexpected lift!


decorpad


In this delicious room, a modern glass and metal desk counterbalances the dark, traditional office chair ... in fact, it allows the chair to make a statement, and the lack of bulk opens up the entire space! 

It's good to keep the eyes and the mind open to new ideas ... few things are more discouraging than a room -- much less an entire house -- stuck in a time capsule where little changes.

After all, our lives are always changing and evolving; why shouldn't our homes reflect that?




6 comments:

  1. Oh my, I am in love, especially with that last room. Hope you are having a great day honey. I'm having a guest series on love today...check it out!

    Kori xoxo

    www.blondeepisodes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that desk chair...very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more! The last office you featured is my favorite. I love the pink backdrops of the shelves--such a tiny touch of pink with huge impact. Funny, the only vintage thing in the office is really the chair and perhaps the lamp, but the first glance gives off a rather vintage romantic style. I am in the process of redoing my office--trying to capture some fun and glam in the everyday doings I work away at in that room. It's hard to do everything vintage-and expensive. Vintage with a modern twist is my motto, either for practical or aesthetic reasons! Thanks for sharing these inspiring images--
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE all of the pink!! I can not decide which photo I love most!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. For years I shied away from pinks, but now I find it showing up more and more in my home and crafting - from the palest pinks to a robust hot pink to the melony shades. And I guess that responds to your question at the end - a resounding, YES!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that huge memo board! Wonderful colors too :-)

    ReplyDelete