Friday, September 3, 2010

I feel blue ...

... and need some pink.

My best friend just had to have her cat put to sleep yesterday because of late stage kidney disease. 

I haven't had to deal with anything this exquisitely heartbreaking in a long time.  I think I'm just about cried out for the moment.



Miss Mary


Last January I posted here about the cat -- Miss Mary -- shortly after she'd been diagnosed with the illness.  It was so scary.  I had grown to love that cat, and her Mom is my best friend ... so it's a doubly challenging ordeal.  Losing a loved one and having to comfort my best friend at the same time.  It's taking a lot out of me.

So I am gravitating today towards images with a lot of pink in them, because pink for me is a color of happiness and comfort.  I respond to it positively, almost always.  (Certain too-drab or too-bright shades of pink are not for me, but they are rare).

If I post a lot about pink in the coming days (which is to say more than usual), this is the reason why.

I will also not be faithfully doing the "Room of the Day" features much longer.  I just don't have the energy for it, given this development.

I'd never seen an animal be put to sleep before.  It is a comfort to know her soul has been freed ... I'm sure I felt it float skyward yesterday.  She is no longer trapped in a failing body.

God bless you, Miss Mary.  My love is yours forever, and forever in my heart you'll be.

No comments:

Post a Comment