Friday, September 24, 2010

Carolyn Quartermaine




These are some of my favorite images from a google search for English textile designer Carolyn Quartermaine!





image:  trouvais




image:  amazon.com




image:  Vogue Living Australia, Sep/Oct 2010
via poppytalk.blogspot.com




image:  carolynquartermaine.com












image:  Jamaica Byles





image:  Jamaica Byles

image:  carolynquartermaine.com




image:  trouvais.com




image:  carolynquartermaine.com




image:  parisapartment.wordpress.com



image:  allthingspaintandplaster.com




image:  apostoli-interior.it

Some notes on this post ...

... those not-bashful saturated blue more than stand right up, even against the fruity hot pinks, don't they?  One of them is reminiscent of a turquoise Mykonos sky ... then there is that sumptuous iris blue-purple ... and the painted rose in blue.  The way it sits so regally against that pure white background.

My oh my ... such outrageous beauty.

Don't you agree?


1 comment:

  1. Oh my god, I love Carolyn Quartermaine! Her work is so elegant and lovely.

    I used to get that book, "Unwrapped", out of the library, back in colleg. So many times, I would renew it, and I'm sure I got a few fines from not wanting to give it back! I would love to own that book. Every page is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete